Since 1973, the John P. Brown Ladder Company
has been owned and operated by John P. Brown, a
40-year veteran firefighter in Nassau County. John is a former Chief of the Baldwin Fire
Department and Chief Instructor at the Nassau County Fire Service Academy.
John’s credentials include:
John P. Brown Ladder Company
- Appointed to the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) Technical Committee on Ground Ladders for the Fire Service: 1932, rev. 2000, 2005, 2007 - present
- Appointed to the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) Technical Committee on Aerial Device Testing: 1911, rev. 2009, 1910, and 1914, 2005 - present
- 3rd Party Inspector for Aerial Devices as member of ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials)
- 3rd Party Inspector for the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing
- Member: ANSI (American National Standard Institute)
- Member: AWS (American Welding Society)
is currently under contract with 72+ fire departments
in New York including Nassau County and Suffolk County,
the Nassau County Police Department, the Port Authority Police Department, South Shore Fire Equipment,
Hendrickson Truck, Firematic Supply, and Neville Fire Apparatus.
John P. Brown Ladder Company is fully insured. Certificate available upon request.